To continue its growth, Argotec is looking for a strong and reliable Business Development Manager, located in Maryland.
As Business Developer you will report to Argotec’s Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for developing the company’s U.S. business, bringing the current maturity level from a commercial office to an operational headquarter with the goal to quickly become a productive entity.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously with the support of an experienced multi-functional team from the Argotec’s headquarters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow-up of business development activities for the space US market, including assessment of potential customers and analysis of the competition.
- Generate a strong drive at US level, increase the number of projects, attract interest for Argotec’s solutions.
- Monitor the evolution of the space market, and particularly related to small satellite solutions.
- Identify the niches and the potential growth levers.
- Identify opportunities for the development of Argotec’s solutions.
- Work in close collaboration with Argotec’s management to define proper development objectives.
- Identify and implement key partnerships, alliances and improve business relationships.
- Manage and cultivate relations with government, civilian, and military entities (e.g., NASA, DoD).
- Create a high level of credibility on the market.
- Fill the project pipeline, write, and coordinate the proposals.
- Support and write tenders.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business, Business Administration, or related field; or/and Bachelor of Science in Aerospace/Space engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development and sales experience in the aerospace industry, particularly in the US.
- Previous experience dealing with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is considered a real asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of strategic plans focused on specific long-term growth objectives.
- Previous experience in leading, developing, qualification, and closing sales.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and expanding a network of customer relationships.
- Demonstrated prospecting skills are required to help business unit leadership identify, prioritize, and pursue new growth areas.
- Ability to identify opportunities, create a business plan, qualify targets, assess decision-makers, and prioritize sales efforts.
- Ability to establish and maintain long term business relationships with US government, civilian, and military entities’ personnel (e.g., NASA, DoD) and key aerospace customers.
- Ability to be successful in achieving business growth objectives with minimum management oversight.
- Proven capabilities in facilitating change, planning, and organizing, customer focus and building successful teams.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft MS products and sales tracking systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High flexibility and team-working skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and classified information as required by government standards.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to work effectively in small teams.
- Ability to interact appropriately with press as necessary.
- Experience in aerospace design is preferred.
- Experience dealing with other US public entities is considered a plus.
- Established network in the Defense & Aerospace industry is considered a plus.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.