SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
Argotec is a leading global space engineering company disrupting the art of the possible. Our pillars are built around designing and building deep space small satellites and developing solutions to make the lives of space explorers easier and more comfortable. Our teams work in a collaborative and Agile environment.
Your expertise is needed to improve our cutting-edge technology. At Argotec, we follow the “all in-house” concept that includes design, development, integration, qualification, and operations. We collaborate with domestic and international partners, from all areas of Civil, Commercial, Defense, and Institutional. Our heritage includes two successful NASA flagship missions: Artemis-1 and DART. These missions proved our capability from LEO to deep space while simultaneously showcasing our high reliability. This posting is for the U.S. facility located on the Space Coast in Brevard County Florida.
DIUTY & RESPONSIBILITY
As a Software Engineer in the US office, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will support Argotecs’ global Software Design teams. Support includes defining, developing, and testing software for innovative space computing systems and exciting missions.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously while being backed by the support of an experienced multi-functional team from Argotecs’ headquarters in Italy.
he opportunity to work independently and autonomously while being backed by the support of an experienced multi-functional team from the Argotecs’ headquarters in Italy.
Specific Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Proposal support for Avionics and Electrical systems
- Assessing system performance, designing trades, and evaluating system effectiveness
- Review of electrical schematics, layout, and manufacturing specifications
- Definition of board-level hardware architectures and EEE parts selection
- Definition and execution of Avionics testing
- Development and management of subsystem specifications
- Preliminary subsystem/component validation through analysis and simulations
- Support to other company’s Units
- Team player and a “Do what it takes” attitude
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, or other related STEM discipline and typically 14 or more years of Engineering or relevant experience (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education)
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency
- Progressive experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Strong background in any of the following areas
- Developing space systems, including OBCs and PCDUs
- Analog, digital, and power electronics
- Complex PCB layout design
- Designing FPGA devices
- Designing for EMC/EMI
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Background in the Space or Defense
- Very good knowledge of the space standards (CCSDS, ECSS, MIL etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory instruments
- Ability to establish and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Proficiency in Altium Designer
- Knowledge of RF electronic devices
- Experience in programming embedded micro-controllers/processors
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating activities for avionics projects
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat the same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Annual incentive pay is based upon performance and commensurate with the level of the position.
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 100% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, this announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03. Argotec is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination based on race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.