SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
Our Operations Team continues to grow and is looking for dedicated Spacecraft Operation Engineers, who are excited to be part of the Argotec Mission Control Centre during the preparation (pre-launch phase) and real-time operations of our nanosatellites in deep space.
The preparatory activities typically include:
- Assisting in the configuration and testing of the system to support flight operations. This includes the development of methods, procedures, and tools to assist in the execution of the satellite in-orbit operations.
- Execution of the End-to-End (E2E), Data Flow, Connectivity, and System Validation Tests (SVT) campaigns.
- Setup of the Mission Information Base (MIB) database, including telecommand (TC)/telemetry (TM) parameters and satellite data evaluation displays or synoptics.
- Support to the generation of the Satellite and Ground Segment Operations Manuals.
- Support to the systems engineering teams for the definition and optimization of the operational and contingency timelines.
- Development of the relevant Flight Operations Plan (FOP) for the assigned mission, including nominal and contingency flight operations procedures.
- Participation to a dedicated training campaign, including simulations using hardware in-the-loop.
- Extensive interfacing with system and subsystem engineers.
The real-time activities typically include:
- Executing in-flight operations on-console based on established operations plan and procedures, including planning for communication windows activities, TC preparation and uplink, and TM monitoring.
- Performing regular telemetry trend analysis to verify and maintain subsystems and system health and safety, and mission success, including data and information exchange with system and subsystem engineers.
- Anomalies detection and resolution, including the execution of corrective actions as needed to recover and maintain satellite health and mission success.
- Extensive interfacing with Ground Segment partners and mission/scientific customers.
In this role, you will also support the preparation of technical proposals for Ground Segment and Operations related sections, when needed. If you have the attitude and interest, you will be also involved in the in space HW and SW engineering activities and developments.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- 1-2 years of working experience.
- Strong communication & team-working skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of SCOS-2000 based mission control systems is an asset.
- Previous experience in FOP development.
- Familiar with the implementation of space operations.
- Previous experience in handling and executing real-time operations is an asset. Orderly, reliable, and disciplined approach to the execution of operations.
- Working calmly and correctly under stress.
- Effective approach in the reporting of the information and outcomes.
- Experience in performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving.
- Experience in Space Mission Analysis and Design (SMAD).
- Participation and involvement in test campaigns.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.