SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
Argotec is a leading global space engineering company disrupting the art of the possible. Our pillars are built around designing and building deep space small satellites and developing solutions to make the lives of space explorers easier and more comfortable. Our teams work in a collaborative and Agile environment.
Your expertise is needed to improve our cutting-edge technology. At Argotec, we follow the “all in-house” concept that includes design, development, integration, qualification, and operations. We collaborate with domestic and international partners, from all areas of Civil, Commercial, Defense, and Institutional. Our heritage includes two successful NASA flagship missions: Artemis-1 and DART. These missions proved our capability from LEO to deep space while simultaneously showcasing our high reliability. This posting is for the U.S. facility located on the Space Coast in Brevard County Florida.
DUTY & RESPONSIBILITY
As a Mechanical Engineer in the US office, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will support Argotecs’ global Systems Design teams. Support includes design, development, qualification, and testing of Mechanical and Structural systems.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously while being backed by the support of an experienced multi-functional team from Argotecs’ headquarters in Italy.
Specific Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Computer-Aided Design and 3-D Modeling of Vehicle Systems
- Finite Element Modeling (FEM) analysis
- Support AIT, AIV, acceptance, and qualification activities
- Support for risk assessment and FMEA
- Team player and a “Do what it takes” attitude
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, or other related STEM discipline and typically 3 or more years of Engineering or relevant experience (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education)
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency
- Progressive experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Strong background in any of the following areas
- Experience with structural dynamics
- Understanding and application of structures and structural dynamic principles
- Proficiency in application of FEM analysis principles
- Define and integrate Dynamics requirements into the system baseline
- Experience with finite element numerical software (e.g. NASTRAN)
- Experience with space / launch environments and environments derivation
- Experience with CAD Software
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Background in the Space or Defense
- Familiar with Aerospace standards and tailoring
- Experience with MATLAB
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat the same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Annual incentive pay based upon performance and commensurate with the level of the position
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 100% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, this announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03. Argotec is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination based on race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.