SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
To continue its growth in the space industry landscape, Argotec is looking for a strong and energic Business Development Manager in the Space sector, with a team-building spirit, and highly motivated to work in a scale-up organization.
As Business Development Manager you will report to Argotec’s Chief Growth Officer and will be responsible for developing the company’s business in the target markets.
In this position, you will be a key player in outlining the business development strategy and roadmap for the growth of the SmallSats Business and the expansion of innovative products to support new space explorers’ comfort. Maintaining strong relationships with government and industry officials, identifying strategic partnership opportunities, and identifying potential contracts for pursuit are some of the responsibilities that you will oversee.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to defining Argotec’s strategy, providing input to the company’s strategic planning process, and recommending new business pursuits, and/or possible expansion in the Space sector.
- Follow-up of business development activities, including assessment of potential new customers and analysis of the competition, in accordance with Argotec’s strategic goals.
- Manage and cultivate relations with government, civilian, and military entities (e.g., ESA, ASI, NASA).
- Monitor the evolution of the space market, understanding and identifying niches and potential growth levers.
- Identifies, explores, and captures new business and programs both in the governments and commercial sectors, while establishing and maintaining new and existing customer relationships.
- Provide broad expertise and understanding of the institutional space industry landscape and anticipate trends in relation to programs from the Italian Space Agency, European Space Agency, NASA, and other relevant institutional space agencies.
- Streamline and enhance internal processes and tools to assess and track business opportunities.
- Identify and implement key partnerships, alliances and improve business relationships.
- Create a high level of credibility on the market.
- Support and write tenders.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business, Business Administration, or related field; or/and Bachelor of Science in Aerospace/Space engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- More than 5 years of experience in business development and sales experience in the aerospace industry.
- Previous experience dealing with the Italian Space Agency, European Space Agency, NASA and other relevant institutional space agencies is considered a real asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of strategic plans focused on specific long-term growth objectives.
- Previous experience in leading, developing, qualification, and closing sales.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and expanding a network of customer relationships.
- Demonstrated prospecting skills are required to help business unit leadership identify, prioritize, and pursue new growth areas.
- Ability to identify opportunities, create a business plan, qualify targets, assess decision-makers, and prioritize sales efforts.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term business relationships with government, civilian, and military entities’ personnel (e.g., ESA, ASI, NASA) and key aerospace customers.
- Ability to be successful in achieving business growth objectives with minimum management oversight.
- Proven capabilities in facilitating change, planning, and organizing, customer focus, and building successful teams.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft MS products and sales tracking systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High flexibility and team-working skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and classified information as required by government standards.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to work effectively in small teams.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the press as necessary.
- Experience in aerospace design is preferred.
- An established network in the Defense & Aerospace industry is considered a plus.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.