SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
Your expertise is needed to improve our cutting-edge technology. Our team works in a collaborative and Agile environment and our products range from, advanced CubeSats, advanced electronic systems and mission payloads.
Argotec is an international space engineering company operating along two different business pillars:
- Manufacturing of small satellite platforms
- Development of innovative products to support astronaut needs
At Argotec, we follow the “all in-house” concept that includes design, development, integration, qualification, and operation services. We collaborate with domestic and international partners, from all areas of Civil (NASA, ESA, ASI…), Commercial and Institutional. Our US Civil customers include NASA JPL and GSFC as well as the Applied Physics Lab (APL). Our heritage includes two successful NASA flagship missions: Artemis-1 and DART. These missions proved our capability from LEO to deep space and showcased our high reliability. We are currently developing ANDROMEDA, the first lunar communication system based on a constellation of CubeSats. Our centers are located in both the US (MD) and Italy (Turin).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Systems Engineer you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for coordinating and reviewing design, development, and testing activities for space applications.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work independently and autonomously with the support of an experienced multi-functional team from the Argotec’s headquarters.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE
- Establishing our digital, model-based systems engineering environment
- Proposal support
- Assessing system performance, design trades, and evaluating system effectiveness
- Development and management of program specifications
- Management of technical documents (Design Description, ICD, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, or other related STEM discipline and typically 10 or more years of Systems Engineering or relevant experience
- Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and practices
- Progressive experience leading multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Advanced understanding of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Background in Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with requirements management and system modelling tools
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in the Space or Defense
- Progressive experience leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high-impact trade studies
- Ability to establish and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
This posting is for the Maryland facility. This position will be considered fully remote until the US facility is capable of on-site work. At such time all positions will be transferred to full in the office.
This position may be hired at a Pr level for the right candidate with more experience.
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Annual incentive pay based upon performance and commensurate with the level of the position
- Generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 100% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, this announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03. Argotec is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.