SPACE FOR AMBITIONS
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Software Engineer for our Ground Software team at our Mission Control Center. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of the Ground Software architecture for a large constellation of small satellites, with the opportunity to play a key role in mentoring a younger team of engineers.
You will have the opportunity to work together with Argotec’s experienced engineers from other technical areas with a multidisciplinary background such as Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, and Machine Learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, validate, and maintain Ground Segment SW subsystems.
- Generate and update the SW-related documentation.
- Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis, and conversion to use cases and stories.
- Development support and solution testing.
- Define Software Engineering approaches to apply in the developments.
- Participate and/or support the complete Ground Segment verification, validation, and integration.
- Support the Operations team to resolve technical issues by providing advice on best practices.
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in software development and software engineering in the industrial business.
- Good written and spoken communication in English.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, C#, Java.
- Basic Linux/Windows system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux/Windows systems.
- Cloud-based computing /microservices.
- Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes).
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST).
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins).
- AGILE software development methodology.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Team Leadership: the ability to lead a small team of software engineers.
- Operations experience and ability to interact with spacecraft operations engineers.
- Knowledge of project life cycle and acceptance procedures.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Knowledge of main relational and non-relation DB (Mysql, Ms Sql Server, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience in writing Unit Tests and Integration Tests.
- Knowledge of Message Brokers, such as Kafka e Rabbit MQ.
- Experience in tools for SAST and Quality code as SonarQube.
- Knowledge of main OAuth2, SAML, and OpenID authentication protocols.
This announcement is aimed at both sexes, under laws 903/77 and 125/91, and to people of all ages and all nationalities, under legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03.
To apply for this job please visit invia-candidatura.